Saturday, September 13, 2008

Growing Up...

On Thursday, I drove to Saluda to watch Adele cheer at her first football game this season. Unfortunately, the boys lost their game (which seemed to only last for about an hour.) And I must say...I've never spent the majority of the game worried about the cheerleaders like I did at this one. Adele is going to be 13 in November, and I CANNOT believe it! I always hated when people used to say to me, "Meagan, looking at you growing up just makes me feel old!" Well, looking at Adele makes me feel the same thing. I still remember her 3-year old days like they were just yesterday. Now, I'm watching her do toe touches, talking about middle school dances, going shopping, and hearing about boys. Ok, I'm not going to type anymore, because I don't want to embarrass her if she ever reads this!






I also had a pretty big slip up on Thursday. I dropped my phone in the toilet...don't worry, it was clean water...but it's still gross to me! Anyway, I screamed bloody murder. I'm really surprised that no one came knocking on my door to check on me...because it was loud!!! I immediately picked it up and took it apart. Gavin told me to put it in some rice. I left it there for the rest of the day, and when I woke up on Friday morning--it worked!!!!! I am so relieved!! You'd be surprised how many people have dropped their phone in the toilet. One of my friends did it at a football game, so I'm sure there was no rice there. I can't imagine losing all my numbers and having to pay for a brand new one!



I also spent some time babysitting recently. Surprised?? I just have to show you how adorable these two girls are! Miss Hannah is such a sweetie. She has a special snack that she has when she goes to her grandparents house. It's an oatmeal cream pie that she calls a "Da-Da" cookie (pronounced like "Day-Day") See, Da-Da is what she calls her grandpa. Isn't that the cutest thing? So, when she woke up from her nap on Saturday, we had to have a Da-Da cookie and "mash-mellahs." I just love toddlers! Hannah has the best tea parties, she cuts my hair, and she is so smart. I've posted her cheerleader picture and video that she begged me to take! Go Gamecocks!




Then, there's Miss Lindsay. She can sing her ABCs, and recently taught me how to put on "yip-gwoss" (aka lip gloss). She is also super smart and sweet, and I have so much fun with her. We just sit there and laugh at each other most of the time. Lindsay loves to sing, read, and draw. She's a great eater, too. My kind of girl!!! I'm posting a video that I took of her. She's adorable! I just hope to have children one day who are half as fun as these two!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Lindsay kid sure is cute.

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I love it! I hope your girls are just like this...cheerleader! :) I also hope they paint their room bright pink & refuse to play sports. haha! I'll get stuck with the basketball player & you'll get the cheerleader :)

carolina classics said...

Sarafrances gave me your blog address. This clip is just adorable. Please visit my blog anytime to see my baby boys. Hope school is going well. We must get together soon. I miss you!