Friday, September 26, 2008

My buddy and me...



Remember those my buddy and kid sister dolls??? Well, I kind of always viewed Gavin (my brother) as my buddy, even though we had a love-hate relationship growing up. He was just too cute, and I wanted all the attention....so go figure how that worked out!
I just realized that I've never really mentioned Gavin, although he's a huge part of my life. I mean, we are roommates now! (Which is quite interesting!) I keep telling me that he'll thank me one day when he's married and he takes the initiative to do chores around the house. At that point it'll be second nature to him, after having me nag him for months! My sister-in-law is going to love me. Gavin will never be able to say, "Well, I don't know how to do that around the house...I've never had to before." Nope. That doesn't work here. I told him when he moved in that I loved him, but I wasn't his mom or his wife!!!! He actually helps out a lot around here!
All joking aside, I really do love good old Gavin. We're so different--but so much alike. It's funny how genetics work. Right now, we're sitting here cheering on McCain in the debate. That's one thing we are in total agreement about--this election. Ok, that's all for tonight. Enjoy the old picture of Gavin and me...when we were cute!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...how sweet to see the two of you...brings back such precious memories! Love you both so very much! I'll always be your number one fan!!!!