Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a day...

Today was very interesting. I had an ultrasound of my thyroid...doctor's orders. She found a nodule on my thyroid gland last week, so now we're checking everything out just to take the right precautions. I'm not too worried about it, but I'd just like to know what's going on. The waiting kills me!

The awkward moment of my day was at the Starbucks drive-thru. When I pulled around to claim my "Chai Tea Latte" (yum!), I noticed a young guy working the window. Now, this was no ordinary guy taking my money. This was a guy who liked his job...well, helping his female customers at least! He was kinda creepy, I'm not going to lie. At first, everything was just your typical drive-thru exchange, but then as I handed him my money, he basically started up a "first date conversation."

"Your drink will be here shortly..."
(Then he proceeds to just hang out the window and stare.)

"Thanks,"
(I say...as I pull out anything to make me look busy from my purse. I grabbed my ipod, cell phone, check book...you name it!)

"So...have you had a good week so far???"
(still staring...even though I'm desperately trying to give off the "please don't talk to me vibe")

"Umm....yeah. I'm not from here, so it's been busy having to travel around during the middle of the week."
(I thought I'd put the idea of us ever seeing each other again out of his head.)

"Ohh...well, where do you live?"

"Columbia."

"You go to Starbucks there?

"Yep."

"Well, we here at Starbucks in Greenwood are considered a remote location."

"Really?"
(I need serious help at this point. I'm creeped out!)

"Yeah, because we're the only Starbucks in a 50 mile radius."

"Whoa.....crazy...."

"YEAH.....Well, my friends and I used to go and party there....in Columbia."

"Yeah, I don't really do that."
(I can see the girl almost finished with my drink...I'm hoping that she hands it off before I have to pretend to make an emergency call.)

"Well, that's good....(long, awkward pause)...It's like I always say--if you're going to Columbia,let me know, but if you're going to party in five-points--I'm out!"

"Yeah..."
(Yes! The girl makes the handoff. I'm almost there!)

"Here you go. Have a safe trip!"

"Ok. Bye."

(the end)
--------------------------------------------------------------

It was only about one minute of awkwardness, but it felt like forever. I mean, how strange was that? Some of you might think that I'm being mean, but trust me....he was creepy. I bet everytime a girl pulls up he thinks, "JACKPOT!" Next time I go to the Starbucks in Greenwood, I'm taking backup.

So, that was my day. The highlight was probably getting new shoes and finishing my group project with Ginny. There are always good times in Greenwood. That's for sure!

1 comments:

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

haha, thank you for re-capping that moment!!! wow!! I'm glad I wasn't with you or we would have lost it :)