Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time to catch up!!!!!

Well, I went home to vote the other day. Mom informed me very quickly that it was high time that I get on the ball with my blog. So, I'm trying to think of where I left off...I'm just going to do a list.

1. We moved into our new house. Mom says "it has a little ways to go," but we love it! I spent the night for the first time on Monday. It's so quiet and peaceful where the house is. No neighborhood dogs anymore!!!!!

2. My Dad went to Honduras last week and got back on Sunday! He said that it was an amazing trip, but he'd never seen it rain as much as it did while he was there. Their group saw over 1700 patients. Wow!

3. My thyroid biopsy results came back normal....SO...that means...no cancer and no surgery right now! Praise the Lord! I still have to follow up with the doctor, and I may end up on some medication...but hey, that beats surgery any day!

4. I went to the fair a few weeks ago...and got sick!!! Boo... Actually, we all did. I had to leave early....I think the lights, rides, and food just are too much for me. Ginny said, "There's a reason why adults don't ride those rides....and we ARE at child-bearing age!!!!" Hahaha. I don' know about all that. I can handle Carowinds and the rides there, but it's something about the fair, the smell of smoke and grease....blah...it doesn't do it for me!






5. I've carved pumpkins twice this fall. Actually, I haven't carved a thing. I hollowed out the inside of one of them, but I still helped a little. I'll post some pictures. You have to see the talent that went into these pumpkins!








6. Camille came to visit me this weekend. We went to the Carolina game and got to see Tennessee lose! We also got to sit with the two cutest guys ever...our dates (haha!) Actually, we used Michael's tickets and sat beside his brother, Ryan and his friend Connor. Don't worry...they're 9th graders. However, I must say...it was the best date that I've ever had!

Ok, that's all for now. I'll try to keep this updated more....only a few more weeks of school and Christmas!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dad and I are also thankful that your biopsy results were normal! Love you!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

It breaks my heart to hear you say such things....there was a time when you would have been happy with TN winning. :) GO VOLS!