Monday, June 30, 2008

Only Me...

Yesterday was our "Celebration of Liberty" at church. We've been having on-and-off rain showers for the past few days (only for it to clear up completely in about five minutes). Luckily, I grabbed my umbrella before I left. Trust me though, that was not good enough....at all. When I left for church (which is literally five minutes down the road from my apartment) the skies looked awful. I knew it was going to rain any minute. I thought about staying in my car, but I'm "Miss Type A-have to be on time-perfectionist," and I couldn't risk being late. Besides, I just knew I could beat it out! Ha! So, I get to the parking lot, get out of the car with my little umbrella...and bag...and new purse...and yep, you guessed it....it started POURING RAIN. I'm talking about a downpour (with crazy wind which blew the rain everywhere). At this point I'm halfway to the church from my car, so I just keep walking. Of course, it just got worse. By the time I made it into the church, my entire white shirt (which I just ironed) was soaked. My cute black shoes had puddles of water the pointy toes, my hair (that I'd just fixed) was a mess, and my long black pants were dripping wet from the knees down. I knew it was bad when I walked into the choir room and saw all the faces of the women there. I'm not really a crier, but I would have. The only thing keeping me from that was my dignity and the fact that I was NOT about to mess up my makeup on top of everything else! Joni was so sweet, and she helped me with damage control! Thankfully, we found a hairdryer, and Joni helped me completely dry my shirt. I think I pulled it together enough for the program. Y'all know me though. This is just not a good situation for Meagan. I wouldn't have cared as much if I didn't have a solo, but this whole show is taped and is aired on TV. I just didn't want to look like a mess on camera. Thank goodness for the divas who bring their curling irons, hairdryers, and hairspray to the church! I think I'm going to start!

0 comments: